Car Hire at Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport - All Information on Dalaman Airport (DLM)
Dalaman AirportEge, 48770 Dalaman/Muğla, Turkey
Facts and History about Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport, also known by its International Air Transport Association (IATA) code of DLM, is one of three airports in southwest Turkey that serve international passengers. It has two different points of entry, the old and new Terminal.
Dalaman Airport is relatively tiny compared to other airports in Turkey; yet, it provides plane parking and is served by many carriers. It is used to transport passengers across Dalaman and the nearby tourist destinations.
It acts as a gateway for the visitors that travel to this region of Turkey each year, particularly to the beach resorts located to the west and east of Dalaman, such as Marmaris, Fethiye, Koyceiz, Dalyan, Oludeniz, and Hisaronu, as well as Dalaman itself.
Over 120 places in Turkey, Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East may be reached through flight, and passengers can return home from any of those locations.
History of Dalaman Airport
In 1976, construction on Dalaman Airport started, while the Airport didn't open until 1981 as an airfield. The year 1989 marked its official designation as an airport. The total area of the Airport is equivalent to 6.15 million square meters.
The newly constructed Dalaman International Terminal is the third largest terminal building in Turkey and came in at the cost of roughly 150,000,000 USD.
There are 12 boarding gates within the Terminal, eight of which have covered airbridges. In addition, the apron was redesigned to accommodate an increased number of distant stands.
Consequently, the Airport can accommodate up to 35 flights at any time. Before the restoration, the Terminal's floor space was less than 45,000 square meters. Still, the Airport had a floor space of 95,000 square meters.
The upper two floors are used for check-in and departures, while the lower two levels are used for arrivals. The domestic Terminal is currently running out of the old terminal building, which is still in operation.
Along the route between Marmaris and Fethiye, shuttle services are offered to the cities of Marmaris, Fethiye, and Menteşe, the central district of Mula. The arrival of domestic flights is the primary factor determining these airport services' operation.
Transfers or taxis are the most common modes of transportation for passengers arriving off of international planes. A parking area is located beyond the structure that houses the Terminal, and travelers are welcome to use it.
In the province of Mula, in the southwestern corner of Turkey, you'll find the district of Dalaman, as well as the town that serves as the district's administrative center.
The Dalaman Stream, also known as the Dalaman cay, makes up a significant portion of the district's western boundary, with the Koyceiz and Ortaca districts as its neighbors.
On the plain that runs along the coast is where you'll find the town of Dalaman. In contrast, most of the district is upland and is dominated by the valleys of the Dalaman Stream's eastern tributaries.
This part of the district is located near Fethiye district, on the coast, and towards the high mountains on the northern border of Denizli Province.
Weather in Dalaman
From the beginning of May through the end of June and from the middle of September until the middle of October are the finest seasons of the year to travel to Dalaman for outdoor tourism activities in general, with the busiest time being the last week of May.
The summers at Dalaman are hot, humid, arid, and clear, while the winters are lengthy, cold, damp, and partially cloudy. The Airport is located in Turkey. The temperature rarely drops below 35 degrees Fahrenheit or climbs over 97 degrees Fahrenheit during a year. Still, it regularly ranges from 43 degrees to 89 degrees.
The temperature in Dalaman is typically scorching and humid. The summers are exceptionally long and dry, while the winters are comparatively brief and mild. The sun shines brightly throughout the year, particularly in June and July. Additionally, it holds the record for having the highest air temperature ever measured in Turkey.
The hot season begins on June 12 and continues until September 22, with an average daily high temperature higher than 83 degrees Fahrenheit. August is the hottest month of the year at Dalaman Airport, with an average high temperature of 89 degrees Fahrenheit and a low temperature of 71 degrees Fahrenheit.
The cool season begins on November 30 and continues until March 28. During this time, the average daily maximum temperature is lower than 65 degrees Fahrenheit. January is the month with the coldest average temperatures at Dalaman Airport, with lows of 43 degrees Fahrenheit and highs of 59 degrees Fahrenheit.
The year's wet season lasts 8.6 months, beginning on September 16 and ending on June 3. During this time, the average rainfall over the preceding 31 days is at least 0.5 inches. With an average of 14.1 centimeters of precipitation throughout the month, December is the wettest month at Dalaman Airport.
Dalaman's humidity level is subject to dramatic shifts depending on the time of year. The period of higher humidity lasts for 3.4 months, beginning on June 11 and ending on September 24.
Dalaman Airport in Dalaman, Turkey, is located at 36° 42' 53" North and 28° 47' 34" East. It has an elevation of 6 meters above sea level.
Transfer Services at Dalaman Airport
At Dalaman Airport, passengers can rent cars, take taxis, share rides, or use shuttles, all of which are right in front of the airport terminal building.
This Airport is about 6 kilometers from the city center and is used by several airlines that go to and from several European cities every day. From the Airport, you can take a taxi, rideshare, or rent a car to get to the city center as quickly as possible.
- In Turkey, you'll have peace of mind if you plan your transfer options before you hit the road.
- Know what you can pack in your carry-on bag, what you can pack in your checked bag, and what you can't pack before you leave your house.
- Passengers can call the Airport Information Desk at +90 252 792 55 55 at any time for help with transportation. This is for their own convenience and to get them pointed in the right direction.
- For their own safety, travelers should only do business at airport counters and other official places.
Rental Car Services at Dalaman Airport
Car Rental Services are located on the ground floor of the Arrivals Hall, near the Baggage Claim portion of the Terminal. See and compare all rental car companies at Dalaman Airport.
- In general, the rental facility is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also ask your service provider about special service hours and return processes.
- Please have your valid driver's license, passport, and credit card ready to present at the counter when picking up your vehicle at the facility to expedite the procedure.
- After you have completed any required documentation, someone will deliver your car key and direct you to where your vehicle is located.
- Plan and book your rental automobile as far in advance as feasible. Also, confirm your reservation with your rental car company ahead of time.
- When you are ready to return your leased vehicle to the car rental center, remove all personal things before returning them to the designated facility.
- When returning the vehicle, allow plenty of time for the drive. Call the rental company if you're unclear where to go.
- Customers must follow the rental company's Terms and Conditions at all times when renting a vehicle.
- If you find an item(s) missing or found inside the vehicle, please notify the rental car provider directly.
- If you suspect you have misplaced something near the vehicle rental offices, please contact the Lost and Found Office or call +90 252 792 55 55. They will ideally retain them in the Lost Property Office for 30 days.
Ride Shares at Dalaman Airport
Rideshare vehicles pick up and drop off passengers in front of the terminal building.
- Passengers can reserve rideshare by downloading the company's app on their smartphone and coordinating with their driver directly.
- To avoid the inconvenience, they can also book transportation a few days before their travel.
- Ridesharing apps should allow consumers to verify the identity of drivers by looking at their faces, license plates, and colors for increased security.
Taxis at Dalaman Airport
You proceed to the Ground Transportation Center from the Baggage Claim area and wait for your turn for the next available taxi. See more information about taxis at Dalaman Airport.
The taxi fare from Dalaman Airport to Downtown should be about €2 if you take one of the taxi companies recommended by the Airport.
Ferries at Dalaman Airport
Please approach the Airport Information Desk for updated information about available services or other transportation-related inquiries. You can also visit our Ferries page for more details. More information about ferry services to and from Dalaman Ferry Terminals.
Buses at Dalaman Airport
From the Ground Transportation Center in front of the airport terminal, public buses are accessible.
More information about buses to and from Dalaman Airport.
Hotel Shuttle Services at Dalaman Airport
When traveling, one of the most important things to consider is how you will get from the Airport to your hotel. For example, many hotels provide shuttle services that will take passengers directly to their hotel upon arrival.
It is an excellent option if you are looking for convenience and affordability. Your hotel or service provider will provide you with specific instructions.
Please check with your hotel if they provide this service at the Airport. Shuttles usually have a designated pick-up drop area at the Airport Ground Transportation Center.
Parking at Dalaman Airport
Safe and convenient parking is available at the Airport for its clients. There is a provision for accepting payments in cash or via credit card. Please contact us at +90 252 792 55 55 if you have any more questions.
See more information about short and long term parking at Dalaman Airport.
Other Services at Dalaman Airport
Wi-Fi at Dalaman Airport
There is wireless Internet access available all across the airport. Wi-Fi connection is available at the arrival and departure halls of our Terminal.
ATMs at Dalaman Airport
Many ATMs may be found in both the Arrival/Departure halls. Paying with a credit card is as simple as inserting it into one of the cash machines. It's possible that charges will be levied.
- Understanding the fees associated with using your debit or credit card at an ATM or for transactions made while traveling outside of the country might help you budget more effectively and save money.
- While some banks provide restrictions when drawing funds from an international location, using a foreign ATM usually results in a fee upward of $5 charged by your home bank.
- You can eliminate these fees by using internationally recognized banks and structuring your home account to include free foreign ATM withdrawals. Please inquire with your bank for more information.
Currency Exchange at Dalaman Airport
Currency exchange appears to be available at the Airport Arrivals Hall. Please approach the Information Desk for confirmation.
Nursing Stations at Dalaman Airport
Nursing mothers traveling through airports require a designated place to nurse and pump milk in privacy. It is a space that provides comfort for moms who need to assist their children while on the go.
If you are a nursing mother who needs some privacy, please approach the Airport Information Desk for assistance.
Restrooms at Dalaman Airport
The Airport provides well-maintained restrooms and is committed to providing a pleasant experience for its guests. Accessible toilets and regular bathrooms are available throughout the building.
Food and Beverages at Dalaman Airport
There are places to buy food and drinks all over the airport terminals. Most food stands are open at different times. Food and drinks at the Airport can be a bit expensive.
Shopping at Dalaman Airport
Passengers can make last-minute purchases at this facility upon arrival or departure. Unless you are seeking last-minute travel supplies or gifts, airport shopping is generally not recommended.
However, if you must purchase something at the Airport, select what is urgent and necessary. Ideally, you must avoid buying electronics from the Airport. The prices are relatively higher, and the selection is usually quite limited.
Smoking at Dalaman Airport
Please follow smoking regulations at the Airport to avoid the inconvenience.
- Smoking is allowed in designated areas outside the terminals. When in the facility, please follow smoking regulations at all times.
- Smoking areas are essential for smokers because they provide a place to smoke without leaving the facility and smoking in public.
Lost and Found Section at Dalaman Airport
Please make sure to file a report before moving to your next destination. Don't forget to include your full name, contact details, phone number, Email, and a description of the item(s).
- If you lost your belongings on an aircraft or gate area, don't hesitate to contact your respective airline.
- If you lost an item anywhere at the terminals or concourses, including the Airport transport vehicles, reach out to the Lost and Found Section at ++90 252 792 55 55.
- Items left behind at Airport Security Checkpoints are held for a minimum of 30 days or until the thing is reunited with the original owner.
Ticketing Services at Dalaman Airport
Even for early morning flights, airlines normally open their ticket offices two hours before departure time.
- Contact the airline directly for information on prices, purchasing tickets, and flight schedules. Also, consider the benefits of booking a flight in advance. Ticket purchases can be made directly on your airline's Website by the passenger or their representative.
- When traveling, some people buy airline tickets through the airport kiosks.
- It is convenient because it allows travelers to purchase tickets before their flight. Sometimes, the prices are lower than if they were to buy the tickets online.
- However, there are some drawbacks to buying airline tickets at the Airport. For example, sometimes the prices are higher, and the selection of flights may be more limited.
Whichever option you choose, the ticketing counters are at the Airport terminal building.
Information Desk at Dalaman Airport
The Airport Information Office can help you obtain valuable guidelines on flights, facilities, and travel options in and around the Airport.
Airport Information Desk at +90 252 792 55 55.
Pet Relief at Dalaman Airport
One of the best innovations in airports over the last few years is the addition of pet relief areas. It allows passengers with pets to relieve their animals before or after a flight without going outside the airport complex.
Please look for signages if you need to relieve your four-legged friends to the area. You can also approach the Information Desk for proper guidance.
You must examine the target country's health certifications, paperwork, and quarantine procedures before flying your pet there. When allowed, pets must be in strong containers (kennels) to prevent escape. Pet owners must observe community standards governing pet animals in enclosed public spaces. Your airline can provide all pet-documentation details.
Baggage Claim at Dalaman Airport
Baggage should be collected from the Baggage Claim located on the Ground Level of the Terminal where it was designated. Passengers who require further assistance can request a cart at the front desk.
- In the event that you are missing items, please contact your airline or the ticket counter for your airline.
- If you have damaged or missing luggage, please contact the Lost & Found Office at the following number: +90 252 792 55 55.
- When you leave a message, be sure to include your full name, a contact phone number, email address, and a brief description of the item that was lost (s).
Disabled Passengers at Dalaman Airport
Please phone +90 252 792 55 55 if you are a passenger with a disability or medical needs and you have questions about the policies or procedures that are in place at the airport security checkpoints.
In addition, they may communicate the requirement for carts, wheelchairs, or medical transportation to the airline, travel agent, ticketing agent, flight attendant, or gate agent.
Transfers to and from the Airport, various modes of transportation, and contingency plans should all be included in the travel itinerary.
It is imperative that passengers arrive at the airport one hour before the time specified. It will give time for accommodations to be made, which will eliminate waits at the security gates.
Dalaman Airport Contacts
Address: Ege, 48770 Dalaman/Muğla, Turkey
General Phone: +90 252 792 55 55.
General Email: email@example.com
Lost and Found Phone: +90 252 792 55 55.
Information Desk: +90 252 792 55 55.
Official Website: https://www.dalamanairport.aero/en/home/
Drive on: Right
Plug: C, F
Currency: Turkish Lira, TL
Wi-Fi at Airport: Free Wi-Fi access is available throughout the Airport.
Services at Dalaman Airport
Useful Information about Dalaman Airport
Dalaman Airport soared to new heights in November 2023, recording a remarkable 29.01% increase in passenger traffic compared to the same month in 2019.View...
Dalaman Airport witnessed a remarkable 25.4% increase in passenger traffic in October 2023 compared to pre-pandemic levels.View...
Dalaman Airport in Turkey is a prime example of this recovery, with a remarkable 4.41% increase in passenger traffic in September 2023 compared to the same month in 2019.View...